Microsoft has launched dedicated native apps for Outlook Web App for iOS, available for iPhone and iPad.
Through the app, enterprise users will be able to get email, calendar and contact functionality that they get in Outlook Web App on their web browsers with additional features like the ability to organize email, search, schedule meetings, view shared calendars, voice contact search, remote wipe erases, separate passcode, automatic login and contact sync. A subscription to Office 365 and the latest update of Exchange Online is required to use the apps.
The app also offers contact integration of Outlook contacts with the iPhone’s caller ID. The ability to sync these contacts to the device can even be controlled by the company’s IT department. Outlook Web App for iOS also offers remote wipe capability enabling IT departments to delete email and calendar data in the app from the device in the event that the device gets lost or the user leaves the organisation.
Features of OWA for iPhone and iPad include:
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPhone and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPhone provides an additional layer of security
The app can be downloaded from the App Store and after signing in with their Office 365/ Exchange credentials.